are the restrictions on telemarketing?
Federal and Delaware laws prohibit deceptive and abusive
telemarketing practices and protects consumers from
unwanted calls. Under these laws:
* Telemarketing calls are restricted to between 8 a.m.
and 9 p.m.
* Telemarketers must promptly identify themselves and
tell you why they are calling.
* Telemarketers must disclose all material information
accurately concerning performance, quality, efficacy,
nature or basic characteristics of the merchandise and
the terms of the sale.
* Telemarketers must get your express consent before
* If calling about a prize promotion, telemarketers must
give consumers: an accurate description of the prize;
its market value; all material conditions to receive or
redeem the prize; the actual number of prizes to be
awarded; the odds of being able to receive the prize;
the fact that no purchase or payment of any kind is
required to win a prize or to participate in a prize
promotion; and instructions on how to participate or an
address or local or toll-free telephone number to which
customers may write or call for information on how to
participate in the prize promotion.
* Telemarketers must tell consumers that any sales
transaction is not final for 7 business days and how
they can cancel the sale.
want telemarketers to stop calling you then see our
Do Not Call Registry" for
some steps you can take to get off calling and mailing